For those of you who are wondering “What the heck is a burpee?” here is the Wikipedia definition:
The burpee is a full body exercise used in strength training and as an aerobic exercise. It is performed in four steps, and was originally known as a “four-count Burpee”:
- Begin in a standing position.
- Drop into a squat position with your hands on the ground. (count 1)
- Extend your feet back in one quick motion to assume the front plank position. (count 2)
- Return to the squat position in one quick motion. (count 3)
- Return to an upright standing position. (count 4)
However the “Ludus Standard Burpees” which is the “easiest” variation that I perform includes a push up after count 2 and a jump at count 4.
So why do I hate them?
Try one and find out .. actually no try 30 (minimum) and then welcome yourself to my world 😉